This is quite the old issue that I've had even with standard OBS before, however it resurfaced when I wanted to switch to Streamlabs OBS and none of the previous solutions have helped me solve the issue.
I currently have a laptop with two graphic cards, one of them being an NVIDIA and two monitors, one running on the integrated graphics and the other one on the NVIDIA graphics card.
Whenever I try to display the integrated graphics monitor in Streamlabs OBS it only shows a black screen although it does work perfectly on the standard OBS. Both of the apps are set to run on the integrated graphics so there's no issue with that.
Thank you in advance for the help.
Best answer by Edd
- Delete the capture source, restart Streamlabs OBS as administrator, and re-add the source.
- Right click the shortcut on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator"
- Have Streamlabs OBS installed in Program Files (default install location). Some games and Windows Store games, like Sea of Thieves, need this due to given additional permissions.
- use: "Capture Specific Window" or "Capture foreground window with hotkey" to force the capture to the game
- Try toggling the Anti-cheat hook on or off.
- Disable 3rd party in-game overlays
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- Have updated drivers and software
- If that did not help, adjust in-game settings to borderless fullscreen instead of (exclusive) fullscreen if used or try a window capture then instead (while using borderless fullscreen). Some games are also impossible to capture with a game capture.