I'm having an issue with SLOB and my mic. SLOBs keeps acting likes its picking up my game audio though my mic. Even though my mic and speakers are muted at their power switches. I have Realtek audio as my audio drivers on a Win10 machine. SLOBS is showing that the mic is picking up audio, when there is no audio to pick up on the mic. And on stream and in recordings there is a distorted audio of my game audio over my voice.
Best answer by SecSeaBeast
Having issues with your audio? Try the following solutions!
1. Make sure the audio source is not muted in the mixer on slobs.
2. Some audio management software, like Nahimic 2, Sonic studio sound, or motherboard audio software like Realtek HD Audio Manager or Sound Blaster Recon are known to cause issues. Try closing that kind of software, and also check Windows task manager if any processes with a similar name are running to be closed. If this doesn't work, try going into your Windows Playback Devices in your Windows Audio Settings, right-click on the sound device you are using and click on Properties, then go to the Advanced Tab and uncheck the box that says "Give exclusive mode applications priority" and that should resolve it.
3. Select manually the desktop audio device (audio settings), you use as default device in Windows Sound, not setting it to default. Alternatively, you can set it to disabled and add in the scene you want desktop audio an Audio Output Capture and select the device that is set as default device in Windows Sound.
4. Install Windows C++ Redistributable [Link]
5. As a last resort, you can temporarily use an alternative program to capture audio like VoiceMeeter Banana. This program allows you to set it as default device, and then use a virtual audio cable into Streamlabs OBS to capture the desktop audio. You can find various guides on the internet (like this one [Link]) or via searching Youtube.
[Link]: <https://howto.streamlabs.com/streamlabs-obs-19/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-2017-1684] : http://www.ocgineer.com/audio.html
For further assistance, please join us on discord or submit a ticket.