In the new version (0.18.4) of Streamlabs OBS we updated the NVENC encoder and it requires the latest Nvidia drivers.
In order to use the NVENC encoder in version 0.18.4 you will need to perform a clean install of your Nvidia drivers.
Uninstall your old drivers
You can do so by following these steps:
- Navigate to the search in the taskbar and type “uninstall program”, hit enter
- Scroll down and find your Nvidia graphics drivers> select uninstall> continue through the prompts
Select “restart now” after the uninstallation is complete.
Install the latest driver from the Nvidia website
Once you have uninstalled the old driver you can install the new one from the website.
- Navigate to Nvidia's website
- Enter your specs to search for the driver correlating to your graphics card and operating system
- Download the driver
- select “Custom installation”,
- check “Perform a clean installation”
- See gif for guidance
Once complete restart your PC. You are now ready to start using the NVENC encoder in Streamlabs OBS version 0.18.4.
**The NVENC encoder does not support NVIDIA drivers prior to 390.77 (released on Jan 29, 2018)**