If you are unable to capture your desktop audio, try the solutions below:
- Make sure the audio source is not muted in the mixer on slobs.
- Some audio management software, like Nahimic 2, Sonic studio sound, or motherboard audio software like Realteck HD Audio Manager or Sound Blaster Recon are known to cause issues. Try closing that kind of software, and also check Windows taskmanager if any processes with a similar name are running to be closed. If this doesn't work, try going in to your Windows Playback Devices in your Windows Audio Settings, right click on the sound device you are using and click on Properties, then go to the Advanced Tab and uncheck the box that says "Give exclusive mode applications priority" and that should resolve it.
- Select manually the desktop audio device (audio settings), you use as default device in Windows Sound, not setting it to default. Alternatively you can set it to disabled and add in the scene you want desktop audio an Audio Output Capture and select the device that is set as default device in Windows Sound.
- Install Windows C++ Redistributables
- As last resort, you can temporary use an alternative program to capture audio like Voicemeeter Banana. This program allows you to set it as default device, and then use a virtual audio cable into Streamlabs OBS to capture the desktop audio. You can find various guides on the internet (like this one) or Youtube.