Use Private Network ProfileIf you are connected to a local home network then you want to make sure your computer network profile is configured correctly by using 'Private' network as the profile. This also allows communication between different devices on the same network that is required by certain applications to work properly, like Streamlabs OBS Remote Control or sending and receiving NDI.
- Open the Windows 10 settings.
- Click on Network & Internet
- Click on Change connection properties.
- Select Private under Network profile.
- Restart your computer.
Manually Open Firewall for ApplicationsIf for some reason Windows did not ask for you to open the firewall on the first initial run or you are on a public network and cannot change it due to the network you are connected with you might need to manually open the firewall. Opening the firewall for the applications this could resolve issues like unable to connect Remote Control or Alerts not being shown in the streaming software. Doing the following steps is going to allow Streamlabs OBS on both the 'private' and 'public' network profiles.
Close the Software you want to open the firewall first and relaunch after applying changes.
1) Open the Control Panel
- Windows 7; Go to Start and open up your control panel.
- Windows 10; Press WinKey and search for control panel.
- If your view is set to Category, click System and Security first.
3) Click on Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall.
4) Search the used software in the list of allowed apps and features.
- Streamlabs OBS;
- Streamlabs OBS (path; C:\Program Files\Streamlabs OBS\Streamlabs OBS.exe) obs64 (path; ...node_modules\obs-studio-node\obs64.exe)
- OBS Studio; obs64 or obs32.
- NetTek NDI Scan Converter; NDI_ScanConverter
- If you are unable to, click on Change Settings first.
If the used streaming software does not appear in the list then you'll have the manually add the application to the Allowed apps and features list by following the next extra steps.
1) Click on Allow another app...
- If it is grayed out, click on Change Settings first.
- Streamlabs OBS (1); "C:\Program Files\Streamlabs OBS\Streamlabs OBS.exe".
- Streamlabs OBS (2); "C:\program files\streamlabs obs\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\obs-studio-node\obs64.exe"
- OBS Studio 64bit; "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe".
- OBS Studio 32bit; "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\32bit\obs32.exe".
- NewTek NDI Scan Converter; "C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI 3.6 Tools\Scan Converter\Application.Network.ScanConverter2.x64.exe".
4) Redo Step 4 and 5 of the steps listed above.